Thursday, March 4, 2010

Middlebury College uses Google Earth to share campus tree map; Middlebury, VT

Campus Tree Map updated « The Middlebury Landscape:
I’ve posted a new export of the campus tree map Google Earth file, on the Campus Tree map page. I’ve added quite a few more campus trees to it, and the official count now stands at 2279. There are a couple of more locations I would like to map, and quite a few more pictures I’d like to find the time to take. This iteration, though, is pretty close to complete.
I risked the potato chips in the keyboard, brushed off my math skills, and starting looking at our tree population in Excel over lunch(es). I’m no spreadsheet guru, but the information I pulled out is interesting, and tells me we’re pointed in the right direction in our urban forest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments provided they are not Anonymous. Anonymous comments will not be posted.